Re: Pro*C - is using sqlerrd[2] bad practice

From: Pierre Charpenay <pcharpenay_at_unilog.fr>
Date: 2000/06/09

Hello everybody !

Unfortunately, it seems you can't use anything else but sqlca.sqlerrd[2].
In order to solve your problem, I suggest you to use #define. For example, if you add this line in the sqlca.h file (or another at the same place) :

   #define SQL_ROWCOUNT sqlca.sqlerrd[2]

You can then use SQL_ROWCOUNT everywhere in your sources. If Oracle changes its implementation, you have just to change your add-on and recompile.

Hope this helps.

Bye

--
 Pierre CHARPENAY