Re: Connecting To DB via Java Applet

From: Jens Hartwig <jhartwig_at_debis.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

Hello PC,

an unsigned applet can only open connections to databases which are located on exactly the same server as the webserver the applet originates from. In practice you must place the webserver with the applet on the same machine the database is installed on (or the other way round).

Hope this helps ...

Regards, Jens

private_comm_at_my-deja.com schrieb:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to connect to a 8.1.5 db via a Java Applet. The program
> works okay when using an applet viewer and in the JDeveloper IDE but
> when I tried in IE5 with a HTML page I get a security exception error.
> The HTML and applet both live a local folder (for testing) and the
> database is remote.
>
> The documentation says that an applet can only open connections to the
> network source from which it was loaded. Does this mean if I upload
> the HTML and relating applet to the webserver, everything will be okay -
> even if the DB is on another machine?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> PC
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Jens Hartwig

debis Systemhaus GEI mbH
10875 Berlin
Tel.     : +49 (0)30 2554-3282
Fax      : +49 (0)30 2554-3187
Mail     : jhartwig_at_debis.com
Please consider: The statements expressed in this mail do represent the authors opinion and are not necessarily identical with those of debis Systemhaus GEI.