Which block trigger in Forms 5.0 permits restricted built-in execute_query ?

From: <barry_chase_at_papajohns.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

[Quoted] I have a Dev2k form which I use the ON-UPDATE and PRE-INSERT block triggers to process changed/inserted records and validate whether the dates entered (begin / end date) over lap other entries in the table. The triggers work correctly, however, if it fails and use recv's alert box, there seems to be an implied rollback. So if the user immediately attempts to correct the data without requerying the data, they get a no-data found, underlying data has been changed. please re-query.

I want to use execute_query in combination with maybe a global flag, in a subsequent block trigger that will avoid this no data found error, and simply refresh the data form, resetting all non-committed changed values back to prior values and newly non-commited insert records removed entirely since they are bad dates.

Oracle's technet site and books don't appear to give much insight to where execute_query can be used, they talk more about where the triggers can be executed. Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message