Connecting To DB via Java Applet

From: <private_comm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

[Quoted] Hi All,

I am trying to connect to a 8.1.5 db via a Java Applet. The program works okay when using an applet viewer and in the JDeveloper IDE but when I tried in IE5 with a HTML page I get a security exception error. The HTML and applet both live a local folder (for testing) and the database is remote.

The documentation says that an applet can only open connections to the network source from which it was loaded. Does this mean if I upload the HTML and relating applet to the webserver, everything will be okay - even if the DB is on another machine?

Many thanks.

PC

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message