Re: Date Parameters in Oracle Reports

From: Larry <lculver_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

Two things to try
  First try not initializing the date parameter in the befor Pform trigger. Make sure there is no inital value for the parameter. If that does not resolve the problem then initializing the date parameter using

P_yourparmname := to_date(null);

You will want to test the parameter with

if P_yourparmname = to_date(null) then ...

Larry

In article <8e4tqp$srl$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   meechelle_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am having a problem with a date parameter in Oracle reports. In my
> Parameter form I have a date parameter which if it is null, I do not
> want the report to run. So, in the Before Parameter Form trigger I
 set
> the parameter to null and in the After Parameter Form I check to see
 if
> it is null and if so, I return a false, else return a true. My report
> kept running so I did an srw.message to see what the value is since
> the report still thinks it's not not null. When I display what is in
> the parameter, it is: 99/00/0203. I talked with Oracle and they said
 it
> was a NLS_DATE_FORMAT error...which I believe any which way you format
> NULL...it not 99/00/0203. Any ideas or anyone have this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Meechelle
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message