Date Parameters in Oracle Reports

From: <meechelle_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/25

[Quoted] I am having a problem with a date parameter in Oracle reports. In my Parameter form I have a date parameter which if it is null, I do not want the report to run. So, in the Before Parameter Form trigger I set [Quoted] the parameter to null and in the After Parameter Form I check to see if [Quoted] it is null and if so, I return a false, else return a true. My report kept running so I did an srw.message to see what the value is since the report still thinks it's not not null. When I display what is in the parameter, it is: 99/00/0203. I talked with Oracle and they said it [Quoted] was a NLS_DATE_FORMAT error...which I believe any which way you format NULL...it not 99/00/0203. Any ideas or anyone have this problem?

Thanks
Meechelle

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message