send mail from database

From: S. van Hoof <info_at_hoof.nl>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:45:02 +0200

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] Running NT4 SP6, WEBDB2.2, ORA7.3.4.

I want to set up a system which collects questions from people and sends them answers via email.
Therefore I have created a table containing mail-adresses and questions.

Lets say every our I want to send emails to new questions. I want to create [Quoted] a 'batch' file containing mail-adresses every hour. PLSQL may do this for me.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I wonder how I can send the emails in the file? [Quoted] Can I send the file (in a certain format) to a smtp-server? [Quoted] Do I have to set up a smtp-server myself (we are connected to the net)?

Other suggestions are very welcome...

Stephan Received on Sat Apr 15 2000 - 18:45:02 CEST

Original text of this message