Re: send mail from database

From: Remco Moolenaar <remco_at_scc.nl>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:50:44 +0200

"S. van Hoof" wrote:

> I wonder how I can send the emails in the file?

[Quoted] Create a Windows program which will query the database and sends the questions [Quoted] [Quoted] to a SMTP server. Unfortunately, Oracle does not have tools to call external [Quoted] [Quoted] programs from the RDBMS. The closest Oracle gets to this is with the DBMS_PIPES stuff.
[Quoted] [Quoted] The Windows program is probably easier, because IDE's (like with C++ Builder) will contain an SMTP class.

> Can I send the file (in a certain format) to a smtp-server?

Yes, any server will do.

> Do I have to set up a smtp-server myself (we are connected to the net)?

[Quoted] [Quoted] No, you can use the one from your provider.

--
Remco Moolenaar                                   mailto:remco_at_scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/

Maintainer of the BSD Applications database at http://www.bsdapps.org/