Re: Single logon PL/SQL and ODS Web-application

From: Jason Pepper <jpepper_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:06:03 +0100

Currently ODS does not support SSO.

The only way to do what you what you want to do currently is to authenticate the user to the portal using PL/SQL.
When you call the forms app, pass a generic un/pw to the forms server. In your start form include an ON-LOGON trigger, which based on a passed parameter, say an allocated 10 digit ID generated randomly at user creation knows who the user is. You can then re-logon using those credentials.

We will support SSO authentication to Oracle Forms Server with WebDB 3.0 and a future release of Oracle Forms.

--
Regards

Jason

__

  Jason Pepper - Enterprise Internet Tools Product Management
__