Re: Single logon PL/SQL and ODS Web-application

From: <onno0503_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:49:40 GMT

[Quoted] I expected it would not be possible. I think I will try the following scheme:

    [Quoted]
  1. Call PL/SQL procedure that generates an random ID and stores it with the user name and timestamp in a table. The procedure then performs an URL redirection to the ODS-application passing the ID as a parameter and a generic un/pw.
  2. The logon-trigger in the ODS-application is then used to determine the user from the passed ID. Also, the record will be removed or invalidated.

[Quoted] Now I have another question: how is the re-logon performed? Is there more than one way to do that? I suppose the generic user needs privileges to be able to logon as another user. What are these?

With regards,
Onno

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 11 2000 - 13:49:40 CEST

Original text of this message