Re: How to create a .exe of a Form file

From: Johan Wegener <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:22:31 +0200

It is not possible to convert the .fmx to to an .exe file. The .fmx file is interpreted by the f60run32.exe (depending on OS and version - aka as "runform" ) and the runform environment must be present on the target platform, this unfortunately includes a large number of files. You do not need the development environment on the target platform, though.

Probably the best approach when deploying is to use an application server (winframe etc. or the Oracle Application Server). A minimalistic approach is to share your own \ORANT directory and export your Oracle registry setting. At the target platform you attach the ORANT share and import the registry settings (Mind that you may have to modify the drive letter/directory references). As everything is loaded across the network, this usually does not execute very fast fast, but it is "fast'n easy" to install. I don't think this approach is supported by Oracle Corp. ;-) and is probably not recommendable to a "newbie"....

Cheers,
Johan

Chrishlani Simon <chrishlani_at_hotmail.com> skrev i en nyhedsmeddelelse:38E4B8E0.BC4160E4_at_hotmail.com... Hello,

[Quoted] I am a newbie to Oracle and have just completed a Specialization [Quoted] Project for a Banking Database System using Oracle 8i Enterprise [Quoted] Edition and Developer 6.0 Forms & Reports on a Win NT (Service Pack [Quoted] 4)platform. If I want to show my forms to a potential employer, as it [Quoted] stands now, it is necessary for them to have Developer 6.0 installed on their system to open my forms.
[Quoted] Does anybody know how I can create .exe files using the .fmx files. I [Quoted] welcome any assistance or advice you can give me.

Thanks
Chris Received on Mon Apr 03 2000 - 09:22:31 CEST

Original text of this message