Re: Creating EUL, locating eulins.sql file, and Discoverer

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:10:23 +0800

GAGLIANO, ANGELO wrote:

> Hello,
> I have just installed Discoverer 3i User and the Discoverer
> Administration Release 3.1.36 . My first problem was that the Net8
> that comes with 3i would not run. Running from the directory or from
> the Start Menu would not doing anything. I added my entries manual in
> the tnsnames.ora file and that did not work either. So lastly I copied
> the network directory from Discoverer Administration Release 3.1.36
> into the 3i home and it worked. I cannot image that is correct so
> does anyone know what I should do?
>
> My second issue and more important issue is that I have no idea how to
> create the EUL so that I can connect. I read that you have to run the
> Install End User Layer and that should run the eulins.sql file, but I
> cannot find either.
>
> Angelo Gagliano

Normally the first run on Discoverer Admin cannot find a EUL and asks you to build one...If this has not happened, typically the Discoverer scripts are under the DIS31 or similar directory underneath the base directory of your Oracle install.

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse