Re: web-based table data editor

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:49:49 GMT

Using SQLPlusPlus you can generate a PLSQL package which allows you to query, insert, update, delete data from a given table using your web browser.

Requires PLSQL Web Toolkit.

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------

daveatkins <da_at_realcommunities.com> wrote in message news:8atppl$pbn$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Can anyone recommend a shareware/freeware web-based tool which will
> allow me to edit oracle tables using a web client? I have been using
MS
> Access to create database links, but this has proven painful because
> Access often inserts strange characters and is a pain to configure on
> multiple machines. Also, the Oracle tools are not very useful and
> again, are painful to install on end user machines.
> All I need is a tool which will allow me to:
> 1) log in as a user to a particular instance
> 2) select from a list of available tables
> 3) display a description of the table and allow a user to type an SQL
> query
> 4) display the results in a list of links
> 5) link to a form which will allow me to modify the contents of that
> record (needs to understand how to represent different datatypes i.e
> LONGs in textareas, intelligent formatting, etc.)
> 6) post an update to the database
> INSERT and DELETE functionality would be nice too, but I would be
happy
> with a simple table data editor that I can install on our webserver
and
> have running in half an hour. A servlet would be ideal.
> Rather than spend a day writing this myself, can someone point me to a
> resource on the web? Thanks!!!!
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 20 2000 - 17:49:49 CET

Original text of this message