web-based table data editor

From: daveatkins <da_at_realcommunities.com>
Date: 2000/03/17

[Quoted] [Quoted] Can anyone recommend a shareware/freeware web-based tool which will [Quoted] allow me to edit oracle tables using a web client? I have been using MS [Quoted] Access to create database links, but this has proven painful because Access often inserts strange characters and is a pain to configure on multiple machines. Also, the Oracle tools are not very useful and again, are painful to install on end user machines. All I need is a tool which will allow me to:

1) log in as a user to a particular instance
2) select from a list of available tables
3) display a description of the table and allow a user to type an SQL
query
4) display the results in a list of links 5) link to a form which will allow me to modify the contents of that record (needs to understand how to represent different datatypes i.e LONGs in textareas, intelligent formatting, etc.) 6) post an update to the database
INSERT and DELETE functionality would be nice too, but I would be happy [Quoted] with a simple table data editor that I can install on our webserver and [Quoted] have running in half an hour. A servlet would be ideal. Rather than spend a day writing this myself, can someone point me to a resource on the web? Thanks!!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message