Re: Oracle Client on Solaris

From: Kim McCann <kim_at_portal.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:35:11 -0800

You will need the Solaris Release of Net8 Client. It is availible as part of the download of 8i for solaris on the technet site. It is however a HUGE download. I would simply but it directly from Oracle (the client disk is inexpensive for a 1 or two seat licence) and use the Oracle Universal Installer found on the disk.

You will need to execute the file "orainst" which if my memory serves me right is on the disk at:

/(my cdrom mount point)/oracle/orainst -m (for motiff or x based installer)
or
/(my cdrom mount point)/oracle/orainst (for text based installer).

Kim...

--
 ______________
|              |  Kim I. McCann
|    ______    |  Systems Integration Consultant
|   |  __  |   |  Electronic Commerce Division
|   | |__| |   |  Western Internet Portal Services, Inc.
|   |  __  |   |  Suite #302 - 134 Abbott Street
|   | |  | |   |  Vancouver, BC  V6B 2K4
"1997 eCommerce was over $7.4 billion, by 2002 it will top $300 billion"
           - U.S. Department of Commerce 'Report on Electronic Commerce'