Re: Your Opinion on NETG cbt desired

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:55:40 +0000

C.B.T. - nice idea, shame about the implementation.

"Here's a CD-ROM all about doing a Loop-the-Loops, Cuban-8s, Immelman Turns, High-Rotational Spins" (aerobatics). "Just sit down and before you know it you'll be an aero-ace yourself!!" and so on on the cover of the product.

In my experience, nothing comes close to hands-on experience. Sure we had to study all the theory of flight, coefficients of drag, jet-wash, stall speeds, airframe G-limits and all the rest. But all that learning on the ground should just give you a background understanding of the subject.

Maybe spend 25% of the time on the ground, then get up there and practice.

Any more that 25% spent learning theory is probably over-doing it.

David P.