Re: email-enabling webdb/plsql/db application

From: <gavinator_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:23:22 GMT

There are a couple of options here. I have successfully used a tool from http://hayden.home.mindspring.com/newproducts.htm called hwmail. It runs as a process on an NT machine (only) and connects to Oracle via SQLnet (on any platform). A couple of procedures give the ability to send email from PL/SQL, I'm not sure if it handles attachments.

The other option is to upgrade to 8.1.6 as Oracle now provide a utl_smtp package to send email from the db. I haven't had time to look into this yet.

Both require network access to an smtp server ( I think exchange is)

Hope this helps.