Re: Designer/Developer

From: Eugene Popov <epopov_at_rdtex.msk.ru>
Date: 2000/03/03

Hi,
[Quoted] Designer and Developer are tools of different purpose and weight. Roughly speaking:
[Quoted] Developer is to create end-user interface to Oracle (and others, but I never tried) database.
[Quoted] Designer is to support entire application development process virtually from [Quoted] the very beginning (requirements analysis) to the very end (application implementation and post-implementation support). To use Developer, you can have no idea of analysis and design techniques, [Quoted] information and process modelling, and so on. You can use the power of Designer without having to generate Forms application at the end of the process.
So, it depends on your purposes. If you have to develop Forms application in [Quoted] [Quoted] a short time, and you already have database, - use Developer. If it is a complex project involving analysis, DB design, hundreds of tables, forms and [Quoted] stored procedures - you should think of using Designer. Regards,
Eugene.