Re: SQL Loader and TRAILING NULLS error

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co.larimer.co.us>
Date: 2000/02/15

I seem to remember that TRAILING NULLS occurs when the incoming data contains fewer columns than the control file - or is it the table itself - specifies. (Duh. "Trailing" nulls?) So you could load 20 tables just fine; what does that have to do with the other 4? (That probably sounds more sarcastic than it is.) I also seem to remember that there is a sqlldr option that deals with trailing nulls - actually inserts a null into the subject column, or doesn't try to insert to that column at all. Sorry for the poor memory.

As to rewriting something that worked in 7, I don't think sqlldr has been rewritten since Oracle 4!