Re: SQL Loader and TRAILING NULLS error

From: Scott A. Haas <sahaas_at_lazerlink.com>
Date: 2000/02/14

[Quoted] [Quoted] What database are you using ? Oracle 8 ... Oracle 7 ...  I know we've seen problems with the Oracle 8.0.5.0.1 SQL*Loader. Probably even this
TRAILING NULL error. You could try to run the sqlload with the data in the file,
instead of an external file.
  Oracle is preparing a patch for 8.0.5.1.0 to fix problems with SQL Loader.

This may give you all a chuckle ... When we first called in a problem with SQL Loader, the person said, "Well that's the way it work's now." It seems Oracle decided to rewrite its sqlload utility.... Why try to change something that worked great in Oracle 7 ?