Forms 6.0 - Item value getting Cleared!!

From: Eric Raskin <eraskin_at_paslists.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:57:43 -0500

[Quoted] I've got an Forms 6.0 form with a master-detail block setup. Call them MASTER and DETAIL for this note.

The MASTER block contains an ID, and the DETAIL block contains the details [Quoted] from another table for the ID.

I have a third block (call it FIND) that does a query, allows the user to [Quoted] choose a row (by double-clicking on the row), and then returns the ID for [Quoted] the chosen row in a parameter. This works fine.

I have a PRE-QUERY trigger on the MASTER block that copies the data returned [Quoted] from the FIND block into the appropriate ITEM in the MASTER block. Debugging shows that this data gets where it belongs. The data looks good [Quoted] right before the end statement in the PRE-QUERY trigger.

The problem is: After PRE-QUERY fires, and before ON-POPULATE-DETAILS fires, the item in the MASTER block gets cleared!!! I turned on "Debug Messages" (which shows the triggers that fire), and nothing seems to fire [Quoted] between PRE-QUERY and ON-POPULATE-DETAILS.

What am I missing here? Why is the field clearing out?

TIA Eric Raskin
eraskin_at_paslists.com Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 16:57:43 CET

Original text of this message