Re: Forms 6.0 - Item value getting Cleared!!

From: Eric Raskin <eraskin_at_paslists.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:20:42 -0500

[Quoted] Sorry to reply to my own post, but I found part of the problem. I looked at [Quoted] the Debug Messages again.

It seems the trigger sequence is :

    ON-CLEAR-DETAILS
    ON-POPULATE-DETAILS
    PRE-QUERY Since I was setting the ID in the MASTER block in PRE-QUERY, ON-POPULATE-DETAILS was already called. Won't ever work! :-) I changed my [Quoted] FIND form to load the data directly into the MASTER block (rather than through a parameter). Now the data is getting where it belongs.

The new problem is that, after setting the value in the MASTER block, Forms [Quoted] 6.0 thinks it is a New record (which it will be when all the fields are filled in). When I switch back to the Master block, I get asked "Do you want to save the changes you have made?" before it goes to query the DETAIL [Quoted] block. Worse yet, it clears the ID field right after asking this question, [Quoted] to get ready for the new record it thinks it needs to create.

So, what is the correct way to code this? I'm trying to accomplish finding [Quoted] an ID, setting it in the MASTER block and causing the detail to auto-query.

    [Quoted]
  • Original Message ----- From: Eric Raskin <eraskin_at_paslists.com> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.tools Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 1999 10:57 AM Subject: Forms 6.0 - Item value getting Cleared!!