Re: Forms 6.0 - Item value getting Cleared!!

From: Eric Raskin <eraskin_at_paslists.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:47:57 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] Back again, with a little more resolved. I was querying the wrong block!! Instead of querying the MASTER block and allowing it to automatically populate the DETAIL blocks, I now query the DETAIL block directly, before returning to the MASTER block. This stops the "Save Record" message for the MASTER block.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Now, I'm getting "Do you Want to Save Changes" for the DETAIL block!! I really want the DETAIL block to be Query only, but I get FRM-41051 if I turn [Quoted] [Quoted] off the "Insert Allowed" property. So, I have to allow inserts in a display-only DETAIL block. This is really confusing!!

Anyone tell me what I've done wrong now?

Eric

Eric Raskin <eraskin_at_paslists.com> wrote in message news:s5crgvo45349_at_corp.supernews.com...
> Sorry to reply to my own post, but I found part of the problem. I looked
at
> the Debug Messages again.
>
> It seems the trigger sequence is :
>
> ON-CLEAR-DETAILS
> ON-POPULATE-DETAILS
> PRE-QUERY
>
> Since I was setting the ID in the MASTER block in PRE-QUERY,
> ON-POPULATE-DETAILS was already called. Won't ever work! :-) I changed
my
> FIND form to load the data directly into the MASTER block (rather than
> through a parameter). Now the data is getting where it belongs.
>
> The new problem is that, after setting the value in the MASTER block,
Forms
> 6.0 thinks it is a New record (which it will be when all the fields are
> filled in). When I switch back to the Master block, I get asked "Do you
> want to save the changes you have made?" before it goes to query the
DETAIL