Re: 3rd party tools

From: -=< a q u a b u b b l e >=- <no email>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 01:03:08 -0000

Michael Francis Horrocks <M.F.Horrocks_at_informasa.es> wrote in message news:382C2300.8CBB903E_at_informasa.es...
> All,
> I'm a neewbie to the 'wonderful world of OR' and I was wondering
> whether there
> was a general consensus on which 3rd party tools are the best for *all
> round* quality
> (i.e. not only functionbality/features but other things like support,
> cost etc.) for either
> SQL development activities or DBA type activities (managing, monitoring
> etc.)
> I guess what I am really looking for is the best 'one stop' shop!
>
> I have seen (and am starting to use) various products from Quest/
> DBE/Embarcedero/Reveal net etc. and to me they all seem to be much of a
> muchness I was wondering whether all you experts out there had any
> strong opinions
> on which products/companies I should either 'die for' or 'avoid like the
> plague' !
>
> Please let me know your views
>
> I would prefer that employees of any company supplying such products
> abstain from
> touting their own products as I really want to know what JoeBloggs/John
> Doe (or the
> man on the Clapham omnibus for that matter!) thinks

Well, I'm not Joe! ... but I use a combination of TOAD and PL/SQL Developer (from http://www.allroundautomations.nl)... I find PL/SQL Dev the best for developing... much more robust with context sensitive code-tips etc and a really great tree pane as well as multiple code windows and more!

...and no, I don't work for them. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 02:03:08 CET

Original text of this message