3rd party tools

From: Michael Francis Horrocks <M.F.Horrocks_at_informasa.es>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:24:00 +0100

All,

[Quoted]       I'm a neewbie to the 'wonderful world of OR' and I was wondering whether there
was a general consensus on which 3rd party tools are the best for *all round* quality
(i.e. not only functionbality/features but other things like support, cost etc.) for either
SQL development activities or DBA type activities (managing, monitoring etc.)
I guess what I am really looking for is the best 'one stop' shop!

I have seen (and am starting to use) various products from Quest/ DBE/Embarcedero/Reveal net etc. and to me they all seem to be much of a muchness I was wondering whether all you experts out there had any strong opinions
on which products/companies I should either 'die for' or 'avoid like the plague' !

Please let me know your views

I would prefer that employees of any company supplying such products abstain from
touting their own products as I really want to know what JoeBloggs/John Doe (or the
man on the Clapham omnibus for that matter!) thinks

Thanks in advance

                                Michael