Re: Skill testing SQL question

From: David Pomphrey <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 22:10:16 +0000

From David P.

To Connor

  • fair point if we all know Jonathan's skill level (as we do!). But the situation is that of an interview. Now I presume that Jonathan is never interviewed (no reason - Guru anyway) so Jonathan would not be in the context of an interview.

But if Mr Nobody (i.e. someone whose skill level is unknown) is asked the question -

which response would you as an interviewer be happy with?

the simple (and straightforward delete) - assuming no-one changed the tuples between your deletes

or

the correlated delete?

I know how I would reply.

But Jonathan has a good point - there is always a chance I suppose that you might miss-type your correlated delete and then it would end up taking longer than if you had just chosen the simpler route.

  • David P.

> Connor McDonald
> "These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
> connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com
>
> "Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

--------------DB93A084F8B1B4773A9C1FCA
[Quoted] Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html>
From&nbsp;&nbsp; David P.

you might miss-type your correlated delete and then it would end up taking longer than if you had just chosen the simpler route.

--------------DB93A084F8B1B4773A9C1FCA-- Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 23:10:16 CET

Original text of this message