Re: Oracle on MS NT Clustering Servers ?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:19:46 -0800

OPS is an implementation of Oracle that runs multiple instances on separate nodes of a cluster against a single shared database. Standard NT clustering at this stage only supports 2 nodes, but that is supposed to change.

Failsafe is a single instance against a single database, again in a clustered environment but only allowing failover, not active-active access from two instances.

From memory (and it's been a year or more since I looked at these, so my memory is out of date), Octopus and similar products are more failover capable than active-active capable.

HTH. Pete

pearapon_at_ksc.th.com wrote:

> Pete,
>
> 1) What are the different between Oracle's "Parallel Server" and
> FailSafe" products ?
> 2) Do these two products support "Server Mirroring" product on NT
> like "Octopus" ( http://www.realtech.co.il/octopus.htm )or
> (http://www.legato.com/Products/html/octopus_nt.html )
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Regards,
> Pearapon S.
> pearapon_at_ksc.th.com
>
> In article <3821E173.B0D5C8E9_at_us.oracle.com>,
> Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
> > --------------A05B5B1D24C91EE205E19D25
> >
> > Or Parallel Server. And the actual product name for what you
> mentioned is
> > FailSafe.
> >
> > HTH.
> >
> > Pete
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

--------------F5E4D24A8444781AB2B3E09A

 filename="psharman.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Sharman;Pete

tel;cell:+1.650.868.9969
tel;fax:+1.650.633.1506
tel;work:+1.650.607.0109

x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Advanced Technology Solutions;Oracle Corporation adr:;;500 Oracle Parkway M/S OPL-A4019;Redwood Shores;CA;94403;USA version:2.1
email;internet:psharman_at_us.oracle.com title:Managing Principal Consultant
fn:Pete Sharman
end:vcard

--------------F5E4D24A8444781AB2B3E09A-- Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 23:19:46 CET

Original text of this message