Re: Skill testing SQL question

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 18:44:11 +0800

David Pomphrey wrote:

> From David P -
>
> Jonathan - have you never heard of a correlated delete?
>
> They are very useful (as are correlated subqueries (SELECTs), correlated
> updates, deletes etc.)
>
> For instance - a correlated update is a fantastic way to denormalise a
> database.
>
> So yes the question only had 6 tuples but it was testing the interviewee's
> knowledge of a much more useful area of SQL knowledge i.e. correlation
>
> You have been told!
>
> David P.

I think Johnathon could quite happily rest his case on your response...

I'll think you'll find that Johnathon probably knows more about correlated select/delete than most of us put together...

Cheers

Connor McDonald
[Quoted] "These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."