Re: WebDB- Removing Sites...How

From: Win Ker <Winker11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:14:11 GMT

Hey Jason,

Got another EASY question for ya...I need to retrieve the value of the LOGGED IN user into a WebDB component Form. Only way that I can see doing it is to create a stored procedure and call the procedure via a WebDB form...in the procedure, I need to retrieve the user's login value to a variable, but "select user in v_user from dual" doesn't retrieve the right value...it retrieves <SCHEMA>_public, EVEN THOUGH the user has logged in and validated against the database...HOW can I best do this??? I've been racking my brains on this for some time...as a former Oracle Employee of 4 years, I thought I could beat THIS easy problem!

Lance White
winker11_at_hotmail.com