oracle application server (4.0.7) on NT

From: Qinhai Xia <qinhai.xia_at_winwin.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:44:00 -0500

Hi,

[Quoted]   I installed oracle application server (4.0.7) on NT. Then I reboot and log on the oas_server:port through web browser.

  The left frame is a single node as website40 Site. I select the All option and click on run on the right frame
The following message came up:

Please wait while the command is being processed on host qxiat500 ... Starting ORB processes...
Returning filename E:\orant\orb\admin\.event waiting for ORB to be ready...
ORB is not responding. Please restart manually... OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb processes can not be started.

Then I went to the command prompt and type in the following command:

  e:>owsctl start -orb

The following message appear in the command prompt:

Please wait while the command is being processed on host qxiat500 ... Starting ORB processes...
waiting for ORB to be ready...
ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...

At this point, I really don't know what to do. I think the second step indeed try to start ORB manually.

Please help me on this.

Thanks very much.

Qinhai Xia Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 22:44:00 CEST

Original text of this message