Re: sort record by a non-db field, Oracle form6.0

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 15:16:19 GMT

The standard way is to create a stored function to return the value you want to sort on, and use the function in the order by clause of your select.

To use your cursor to populate the block, you need to specify your base-table in the block's properties. There may be other things too, I am not sure. But I know it can be done.

Steve Cosner