sort record by a non-db field, Oracle form6.0

From: <yjmin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 21:08:28 GMT

Oracle form6.0,
[Quoted] [Quoted] Can anyone help me out to sort records in a block by a non-database field (field with the table other than block's base table)?
I created a cursor to populate the fields including block's ROWID field and then set record staus to Query, through this way I try to imitate the querying records as if retrieved by Oracle default query process. But when I go back to block to update/delete records, some gave error FRM-40654.
I guess that use view as block's base source may work but I am not authorized to create view. Any other ideas??

Thanks very much.

Eugene

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Sep 25 1999 - 23:08:28 CEST

Original text of this message