RE:svrmgrm -- TK2-00001 error... (SOLUTION)

From: (wrong string) öller <moeller_at_offis.uni-oldenburg.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 19:03:10 +0200

Hi, for those of you that might be interested:

In Artikel <7q6jll$1om_at_news.Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> sagt moeller_at_offis.uni-oldenburg.de ...
> Hi, I always get the following error when I try to start the motif
> servermanager...
>
> gemoe_at_gerhard 2> svrmgrm &
> TK2-00001: Nicht definierter Fehler in Oracle Toolkit II
> (translation: not defined error in Oracle toolkit 2)
>
> What is happening, how can I fix my problem? (I would like to use the
> monitor.)

Thanks to Bennett Leve, I was able to solve my problem:

The variable NLS_LANG should not be set! (It was set to german.we8dec on my system, which caused the error. Unsetting NLS_LANG fixes the problem.)

Many of you know that the svrmgrm only runs on 256 colors. You can set that for eXceed (higher than 5.x) setting "Xconfig/Video/Server Visual" to "PseudoColor". (Unfortunatelly, using xrdb and "svrmgrm.visual: Pseudocolor" and "svrmgrm.depth: 8" did not work for me.)

Thanks to all who responded to my question, especially to Bennett.

Gerhard.

--
Gerhard Möller - moeller_at_offis.uni-oldenburg.de