WEBDB Site builder problem

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:26:03 GMT

[Quoted] Hi folks, this is a frustrating problem (s):

System stuff :
WEBDB installed on Netware4.11 Oracle v 7.3.4.0.1 Listener running on Linux RedHat 5.2
OAS_PUBLIC ( Pl/Sql utilities) installed in the Netware Oracle database ( same as WEBDB and it was installed first per docs)

The Problem....

The WEBDB admin stuff seems to work ok, but when I build a site ( Using the TUTORIAL instructions ) there are errors reported early in the build process:

3 are in create table statements and the errors are identical :

create table www_ctx_filt_table (

wwv_parse.parse_as_user(idx): WWV-08301 Failed to parse(V7) as TUTORIAL -
wwv_parse.parse_as_user(idx): ORA-00902: Invalid datatype
ORA-06550: line 2, column 14:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

This same error occurs on create table wwv_ctx_mark_table and create table wwv_ctx_gist

a 4th error then occurs when it attempts to build an index on wwv_ctx_gist ( since the table does not exist...

Where is the code that creates these tables ( perhaps I can edit it ) - Are these tables critical to the site building process?

I also notice that the package body TUTORIAL.WWV_DOCOPS is invalid, due to the following line
v_response:=utl_http.request(v_url);
It cannot find utl_http ( Neither can I )..

Ther are several other problems I am encountering, but I want to try to resolve these first, in case the are at the root of the others ( failure to display the 'OWNED FOLDERS' entry as detailed in the Tutorial docs, failure to add Items to the folder, etc...)

I realize this is a long request, but since this is an evaluation copy, Oracle support is of little help....( even tho I have Silver support for my other tools)

Thanks in advance for any ideas, hints, condolences, etc...

John Greco