Re: WebDB & Forms

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 08:38:59 -0400

In 2.0 Oracle had logic in the generated procedures to make the update/delete buttons visible if the form had the rowid needed to retrieve the values, otherwise they would bring up a blank form with the insert button.

In 2.1 the button logic is gone and you can have buttons either on of off - no dynamics.
I called Oracle about this and was told it was an "enhancement" requested by a customer.

The workaround is to create a copy of the form with different button settings.
Seems like a step backwards to me.

Peter