WebDB & Forms

From: Montse COLLADOS POLIDURA <Montse.Collados_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 11:06:19 +0200

Hello,

[Quoted] I need to create a form on a table with the following functionality:
- Query

  • Query & Update (once here, be able to update/delete a row or even insert a new row)
  • Insert a new row

I guess it can be done with the QBE form but I would like to have a 'Query & Update' button for the end users to be able to : make a query (giving a value to any of the fields in the table). Once they get the results, be able to click on a link in any of the retrived rows and update the values of the row or delete it.

I've seen this functionality browsing the database. When we browse the DB and select a table, a form appears (it seems to be a QBE form) with the mentioned buttons and behavior. How can I do the same thing?

Using a QBE form, the only buttons I haven't try are the 'Batch' and 'Save' buttons? Can I use them to get what I need? In what way?

  • Can you give me any address where I can find a WebDB application running?

Thank you very much in advance!

Montse Collados Polidura
CERN - Switzerland. Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 11:06:19 CEST

Original text of this message