Summary of problems of Developer 6.0 & Oracle 8.0.4

From: <rnairbng_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 02:26:36 GMT

[Quoted] So much has been discussed regarding the problems faced upon installing Developer 6.0 with Oracle 8.0.4. Can some one finally tell me the answers to the following questions :-
  1. Is Developer 6.0 still in another Beta stage or has the final production version been released solving the problems on installation.
  2. Is there any work around to the problems being faced by various persons such as copying some dll files from the server CD etc., after the installation of the Dev 6.0, or can we install Dev 6.0 first and then the Server ???
  3. Oracle talks about the requirement of having a remote Server. Does this mean that Oracle themselves have decided that Dev 6 and Oracle 8.0.4 cannot reside on the same machine and that Dev 6 cannot be used as a development platform on a stand alone machine as is normally done using Personal Oracle.
  4. What are the two patches that Oracle have put up on the ftp site. Do these in any way solve the above problem and if so how ?
  5. Is there really any solution to this problem at all, or should people stick to version 2.1 and forget 6.0 ????

Bye

R. Nair

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
[Quoted] Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 04:26:36 CEST

Original text of this message