Re: Summary of problems of Developer 6.0 & Oracle 8.0.4

From: Walter Dorninger <wdor_at_magnet.at>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 00:07:15 +0200

add 1)
A final releas of Developer 6.0 is available. I have been working with Developer 6.0 for NT, for HPUX 11, and for AIX 4.2. I had (have till now) some problems with the Developer for HPUX 11.0 because after relinking everything which is not very easy because Oracle requests a C-Compiler with ANSI-C Options I hav the problem that the Oracle*Terminal untiltiy aborts with a core. (it seems that oraterm needs a shared library called /opt/sna/libmgr.sh - I don't know why because i dont use SNA) The other versions NT and AIX are ok so far.

add 2)
Choose a seperate ORACLE HOME directory for the developer 6.0 e.g. c:\oracle\products\6.0\...
Don't copy dll's around your machine

add 3)
you can use Developer 6.0 and Oracle 8.x on the same machine - but choose a different ORACLE_HOME (see 2) - As I know with Oracle8i you are even forced to choose a different ORACLE_HOME for Developer 6.0

add 4)
[Quoted] I have read the buglist of Patch 2 and as I saw the most bugs where soved [Quoted] concerning the WEB Parts of Dev. Server.

If you have further questions contact me...

Cheers
-Walter-