Re: URGENT! Reading serial port (COM)

From: Thomas Lutz <tom_at_taltech.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:51:36 GMT

There is an excellent C++ source code example of a terminal program available on the Microsoft Developer Network CD ROM and I believe that there is also some sample code on the microsoft website in the MSDN section. http://msdn.microsoft.com/developer

If you are interested, the company that I work for sells a serial communications program called the Software Wedge that you may find to be a good tool for adding serial communications capabilities to your application. The Software Wedge is an executable program that can pass serial data back and forth to other programs using either DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) or by converting incoming serial data to keystrokes (i.e. it stuffs the keyboard buffer with the incoming serial data). The program is extremely easy to use and is designed to have you up and running sending and receiving serial data directly from within your application in just a few minutes.
Please visit http://www.taltech.com for more information.