Re: WebDB Installation (SYS Password)

From: Steven Scott Guilford <sguilford_at_minglewooddata.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 22:27:44 -0700

Oracle, in all their wisdom, forgot to tell everybody to set a value for LOCAL when installing WebDB.  They use SQLPLUS to check the DB/SYS connection.  Try adding _at_database to the end of your password.
I'm trying to install WebDB and during installation the Oracleinstaller
prompts for the SYS password. So I enter the correct password for the sys
user and the installer tells me that it is the wrong one. Whats the Problem
?

[Quoted] In the release notes there is mentioned that there is the possibility of a
manual installation - whats this ? - I have taken a look at the
installation
[Quoted] guide - but did not find anything

Thanx in advance
Walter