Re: LOV

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:56:42 GMT

[Quoted] In article <37c0c4c6_at_news.lhsgroup.com>, Azizi Thaiyub <athaiyub_at_my.lhsgroup.com> wrote:
>I heard that LOV can rely slow down the forms performance. Can anybody help
>explaining to me about it and also give an example.

[Quoted] If the LOV is linked to a record group that will select more than a hundred rows, then it will slow down performance, since the LOV and validation assigned to it will cause the form to select all rows into the client's memory.

In such cases, do not set the LOV FOR VALIDATION property to True. And if you do provide the LOV, consider setting the LONG LIST LOV property to True.

Please use the comp.databases.oracle.tools newsgroup for Forms questions.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Mon Aug 23 1999 - 06:56:42 CEST

Original text of this message