Re: LOV

From: <psnana_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:38:33 GMT

Yes! LOV Can slow down the performance of Forms, since it creates record group, and we do n't know whe exactly it destroys the record group. So the Either u can have Long List property true or u can call a form in Enter QUery mode.

Hope this will help you.

Regards
PS Narayanan

In article <ew4w3.113$tS.3571_at_nntp.csufresno.edu>,   stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu (Steve Cosner) wrote:
> In article <37c0c4c6_at_news.lhsgroup.com>,
> Azizi Thaiyub <athaiyub_at_my.lhsgroup.com> wrote:
> >I heard that LOV can rely slow down the forms performance. Can
anybody help
> >explaining to me about it and also give an example.
>
> If the LOV is linked to a record group that will select more than a
> hundred rows, then it will slow down performance, since the LOV and
> validation assigned to it will cause the form to select all rows into
> the client's memory.
>
> In such cases, do not set the LOV FOR VALIDATION property to True.
> And if you do provide the LOV, consider setting the LONG LIST LOV
> property to True.
>
> Please use the comp.databases.oracle.tools newsgroup for Forms
> questions.
>
> Steve Cosner
> http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
> Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 23 1999 - 18:38:33 CEST

Original text of this message