Re: FRM-40401: No changes to save

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:50:44 GMT

In article <7pq3nk$1jm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, <daud11_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I added the statement " Forms_dd('commit;'); " and I did not get the
> message anymore. However, I found that my data did not get saved.
> Let me tell you more on what I have on my form:

It is supposed to be Forms_DDL('COMMIT'); I assume you did not leave out the L in DDL, and you should NOT include the first semicolon. Also, immediately afterward, you need to check: IF NOT FORM_SUCCESS THEN... But you might consider doing this:

Issue your UPDATE sql statements, then:
:SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := 5;
COMMIT_FORM;
:SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := 0;