Re: Oracle Designer vs Visual Basic 6

From: Dirk Bellemans <Dirk.Bellemans_at_skynet.belgium>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:11:27 +0200

CCS wrote in message <7ph54m$g63$1_at_hdxl22.telecom.ptt.nl>...

>A project need to be converter from Access to Oracle.
>
>Question: What are the pro's /contra's on speed, programmability,
>performance etc on Visual Basic 6 versus Oracle Designer 2000?
>
>In all: What is the best choice on this when you concider there is a 200
>concurrent usercount from 6 different locations on 1 oracle database where
>90% of the transactions is retrieval and 10% is inserting and updating
>All thooughts are welcome.

If you do a redesign (or a new design, for that matter), Oracle beats VB hands down. If however, you have an existing application you want to keep more or less, I don't have an opinion due to lack of detail information.

In any case, if I read "6 different locations on 1oracle database", the word that pops up immediately is "Internet" and "multi-tier"...

--
Dirk Bellemans
[Quoted] Modify email address to reply (use .be instead of .belgium)