Re: Field Prompts from table data in Forms 5

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:12:06 GMT

In article <37B039D8.A27DC252_at_creditwatch-inc.com>, Brian Howard <bh_at_creditwatch-inc.com> wrote:
>I need help. I am trying to make field prompts on a form dynamic and
>pull the label from a database table. How can I do this.
>
>I have a table called 'Program_setups' which has a field called
>'Cfield1_lbl'. The label is stored in this field. I then have a form
>called 'Clients' which has a field from the clients table called
>'Cfield1'. When a user pulls up the 'Clients' form, I want it to use as
>the prompt for 'Cfield1' the label stored in the 'Program_setups' table
>in the field 'Cfield1_lbl'. I hope this is not confusing. It is probably
>not hard to do, but I cannot get it to work. Can someone help and get a
>step-by-step. Thanks.

Create a control block to hold your field prompt as a display-only text item. Set the visual attributes of the prompt so it looks like part of the boilerplate, and make it non-navigable (although the user can click on it with a mouse). When you start your clients form, just read the prompt from the program_setups table and place the value into the field prompt item.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 18:12:06 CEST

Original text of this message