Re: Where to save Procedures?

From: Gopal <gopalji_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 07:21:35 GMT

Hi,

It is best to keep ur procedures in the database and call them from the form. Putting the procedures in the form will add up to the processing needs at the client end. You only need to handle the exceptions thrown from the procedures in the forms.

--Gopal

In article <378F6C69.DF04C83F_at_crha-health.ab.ca>,   "Shelli D. Orton" <shelli.orton_at_crha-health.ab.ca> wrote:
> I have some procedures right now that I run from SQL*Plus, but I want
> incorporate them into a forms application. Is it better to save the
> procedures as database objects or as program units on a form? What
the
> advantages/disadvantages to each?
>
> Thanks,
> Shelli

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jul 17 1999 - 09:21:35 CEST

Original text of this message