Re: Forms 3 Problem - Please Help

From: (wrong string) ørgensen <abuse_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:46:00 +0100

[Quoted] If you don't have write permission to the current directory, no core file will be produced. I guess that's why there isn't a core file - I assume that your user exit doesn't call exit() :-)

If you have the source for the user exit, then you should be able to make better use of the core file once you get it: 1) Compile your runform with the option to include debugging information (as far as I remember that the -g option, but better check yourself) 2) copy the newly generated runform to the server where the problem appears 3) run it and produce a core file. If it does, expect a delay of a couple of seconds as core files from SQL*Forms can be rather sizeable. 4) examine the core file - hopefully you will be able to produce a stack trace, which should help you pinpoint the problem.

What platform are you using? Different platforms have different ways of examining core files - look for commands like xdb, dbx etc...

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jorgensen
Return address munged to prevent spam, use k a r l _at_ j o r g e n s e n . c o

P Seely wrote in message <378b41be.7338686_at_allnews.nbnet.nb.ca>...

>On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:30:25 +0200, "Johan Wegener" <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
>wrote:
>
>><pseely_at_nbnet.nb.ca> skrev i en
>>nyhedsmeddelelse:378a9da1.82371303_at_allnews.nbnet.nb.ca...
>>[snip]
>>> The user_exit calls to the library functions work fine on the
>>> Developent server. When the a code release to the Production server
>>> was attempted, the thing does. When you get to the point where the
>>> user_exit call is made, you can see the result flash briefly on the
>>> screen in place (telling me the call succeeds) but then the form craps
>>> out - your prompt appears. Forms is not dumping core (which would be
>>> nice, IMHO, since there'd be something to work with.)
>>[snip]
>>
>>Peter,
>>alas, I am not sure exactly what you mean from your description, could you
>>be a bit more specific as to how this error shows itself?
>>
>>Furthermore could you enlighten me to some details:
>>1) How do you exchange values to and from the user exit to the Form?
>>2) Do you use the NO_SCREEN parameter when you call your user exit?
>>2) What kind of terminal or terminal emulation are you attempting, is the
>>emulation/terminal the very same on both systems?
>>3) What kind of resource (Oracle*Terminal) file are you using with Forms?
Is