Forms 3 Problem - Please Help

From: <pseely_at_nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 02:06:24 GMT

Hi,

I know we're sinners for doing so, but we're still running Oracle 7.2.3 and Forms 3. We've got a third-party library that we link into our runform.

[Quoted] The user_exit calls to the library functions work fine on the Developent server. When the a code release to the Production server was attempted, the thing does. When you get to the point where the user_exit call is made, you can see the result flash briefly on the screen in place (telling me the call succeeds) but then the form craps out - your prompt appears. Forms is not dumping core (which would be nice, IMHO, since there'd be something to work with.)

I've spent a week trying to figure this out. Yes, the two servers are identical hardware-wise and O/S wise. I have carefully compared all the modules that are installed and their patchlevels (we're running on RS/6000 AIX 4.2.1). I don't know where else to turn. We can't exactly lay the blame on the third-party library developers because it works on the dev box and, like I mentioned, you can see the result coming back on the form before it mysteriously dies on the prod box.

The only other place I can think of where the problem might be is with Oracle Forms. Though I can't justify this line of thinking (other than that just about everything else is eliminated). Still, on both boxes it's the same version of the RDBMS, Menu, Forms, etc. No patches have been applied.

Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas would be great! I'm really up against the wall here.

Thanks
Peter Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 04:06:24 CEST

Original text of this message