Re: Oracle ODBC breaks Delphi / BDE / Paradox

From: Karl Lommerse <karll_at_mercadier.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:38:38 +1000

Hi Frederic,

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install the Oracle ODBC client to access our Oracle server
on
> NetWare 5.
>
> Oracle tools do indeed connect and succeed connectivit testing, but all
> BDE-based applications hang : Paradox 8 stays stuck, the database explorer
> GPF's, and Delphi 2 doesn't show the alias for the ODBC database in the
> alias list.

What versions are you running? Oracle 8.0.4+ is what Delphi uses, and you should have (if possible) Dephli 4 (SP 3) and BDE 5.01 (which comes with Delphi 4). This combination should allow you to get past most problems

> Apparently, this must be a BDE issue, since all BDE-based apps seem to be
> affected.

Good Luck

Karl Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 01:38:38 CEST

Original text of this message