Oracle ODBC breaks Delphi / BDE / Paradox

From: Frederic MARAND <fgm_at_soon.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 09:56:33 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to install the Oracle ODBC client to access our Oracle server on NetWare 5.

Oracle tools do indeed connect and succeed connectivit testing, but all BDE-based applications hang : Paradox 8 stays stuck, the database explorer GPF's, and Delphi 2 doesn't show the alias for the ODBC database in the alias list.

Apparently, this must be a BDE issue, since all BDE-based apps seem to be affected.

Does anyone have a hint on how I should configure the product to have it run properly. It already works with ISAM databases, Novell ODBC for NDS (and this one is a weird thing !), and Interbase, so I don't see why it shouldn't work with this Oracle ODBC.

--
               Frédéric G. MARAND
            http://www.osinet.8m.com